[OpenFontLibrary] LGM 2011

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 30 11:24:40 PDT 2010

On 30 June 2010 12:20, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Please read them, and reply to this on-list with your order of
> preference.

Vietnam, Brasil, Canada.

> a1) YES/NO: Do you have enough information to decide LGM venues for 2011?

Yes

> b1) Will you make it to Brasil if LGM is there in 2011?

Yes

> b2) Will you make it to Canada if LGM is there in 2011?

Yes

> b3) Will you make it to Vietnam if LGM is there in 2011?

Yes

> c1) Are you satisfied overall by the process to decide the venue on
> the wiki?

Yes

> d1) What do you think of the bidding process?

Its fair, I support the idea of a LGM Board ade up of the previous
years' organising teams to decide things.

> d2) Should we keep it as it is, a one-year process, or change to a
> two-year process?

A 2 year process would be better, so that more funds can be raised to
pay for transit costs for developers to hold the conference in new
parts of the world.

> d3) Do you have enough information to make a real choice? Please explain.

I think the information in the proposal o the wiki was enough, yes.