[OpenFontLibrary] CC0 vs. CC-PD

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Wed Jun 30 17:51:18 PDT 2010

Fontfreedom at aol.com skribis:
> We need to have a discussion on the differences between CC-PD and CCZero.
> Most if not all Public Domain fonts in the openfontlibrary are CC-PD, not
> CCZero.

My older fonts already are explicitly CC-PD. To me this ends up being
more trouble than it is worth, because people ask permission to do
things with and to the font anyway, but you can't go back and change
the licensing to clarify your policy. A permissive license actually
results in less hassle, I think, if that is one's goal.