[OpenFontLibrary] Windows 5k Name table restriction

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Thu Mar 18 12:12:41 PDT 2010

On Thursday, March 18, 2010, 6:36:29 PM, Dave wrote:

DC> Hi,
DC>  Interesting: this effects us, I think. A url of a license is not
DC> as ideal as the full license text, but I guess will have to do.

I reported that back in August (thread title was "Verbose license text in a font").

You responded that validators should be aware of that, maybe issue a warning.

Nicholas responded to argue against vagueness in font licensing (which seemed to me unrelated to a choice between embedding and linking to the exact same license) and to argue against a "windows limitation" having any impact on Libre Fonts.

Since I had merely asked for information, had suggested no change, and since I was unaware that preventing Windows users from using Libre fonts was a goal, I let the matter drop.