[OpenFontLibrary] upload requirement: correct licence meta information

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Thu Mar 18 13:12:47 PDT 2010

Hi all,

On 9 Mar 2010, at 20:47, Dave Crossland wrote:

> On 9 March 2010 21:44, Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de> wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to reliably check for licence meta information in the font
>> files?
>
> I think we do check this pretty well. Ben would know best...

Sorry, I have been away from the list.

As I recall it, if you upload a font file with a non-compliant license it will be rejected.

Incidentally my plea is to get the ccHost OFLB online, though it is true that there might be a better hosting platform than ccHost. In its favour, ccHost was designed to showcase user-generated content and so it does have mechanisms for helping newbie users to provide the right information, submit the right kinds of files, and search through for the things they want. We have added lots of font-specific richness and we could add more.

Ben

--

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html
+44 (0) 7780 608 659