[OpenFontLibrary] OFLBv2 inches closer

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu May 6 09:53:11 PDT 2010

Hi!

Okay, I am getting closer to OFLB being able to take patches from
everyone..... Please review
https://svn.openfontlibrary.org/public/openfontlibrary/HOW_THIS_SITE_WORKS.txt
if you haven't already.

To skip that and check the beta site, add this line to your /etc/hosts

    140.211.167.228 openfontlibrary.org

and then visit http://openfontlibrary.org

(note that this will mean the wiki won't load for you until you remove
that line in /etc/hosts...)

However, its pretty buggy, as you can see from a look at

http://openfontlibrary.org/files

http://openfontlibrary.org/files/admin/31

http://openfontlibrary.org/files/admin/32

Most things are half working: uploading has a license check and
auto-hides files which aren't freely licensed, only accepts ZIP files
initially, and other good stuff (but not for font files with spaces or
non-alphanumeric chars), fontaine glyph reports are made and displayed
(sometimes - also sketchy with non-basic file names I think) and the
interactive font previews are very delicate, which is fontconfig
issues I think.... and not working in the /files list for some unknown
reason. However, half working means debugging can start... and so I'd
like to again invite anyone who knows PHP to check out the SVN
repository and take a look at what we've got.

The important files with code are:

/openfontlibrary_files/skins/oflb-skin/oflb_upload_page_shared.tpl
/openfontlibrary_files/skins/oflb_upload_list_content.tpl
/openfontlibrary_files/lib/oflb_handle_file_uploads.php
/openfontlibrary_files/lib/oflbTypeface.php

And, I've also pinged the OSUOSL team about the OFLB trac instance,
which has got stuck on an old revision of the public SVN repo.

Cheers