[OpenFontLibrary] Windows 5k Name table restriction

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sat May 8 06:49:00 PDT 2010

Garrick Van Buren wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for the update on that unfortunate bug. Great to hear it's fixed.
>
> I just committed a update of the fontforge_font_optimizer.pe - it no longer includes the workaround for that MS bug.
>
> I agree - needing to change metadata to get fonts to successfully render is an awkward proposition.

Hi Garrick,

Thanks for your quick and positive answer on this front and for pushing
the fix. I hope you'll restore the original metadata tables of the
libre/open fonts which you offer to your subscribers.

It is not just an awkward position, it is offensive to many designers.
Surely not what you want. So thanks for fixing the situation.

What is your feeling about s/free/gratis/g and about the linkbacks and
community sponsoring suggestions of the earlier thread?

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org