[OpenFontLibrary] Font for hiding passwords

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Nov 15 05:46:59 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 02:00:47PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> I am looking for a font that I can use for hiding passwords in text
> documents, in particular with the EMACS text editor. And, yes, the
> passwords should be copyable!
>
> The font, naturally, should only consist of identical characters. Seems
> like the Open Font Library has nothing to offer in that respect - or am
> I missing something? I am grateful for any suggestion!

It should be easy to create your own font, fire up FontForge, draw the
glyph you want (be it a circle or something else) Ctrl+C it (if you want
to reduce the size of the resulting font, use Ctrl+G instead), select or
other characters, Ctrl+V. Edit the font names (Ctrl+Shift+F), generate
it (Ctrl+Shift+G) and you are done.

Regards,
 Khaled

--