[OpenFontLibrary] Font for hiding passwords

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Mon Nov 15 08:11:01 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 15:01 +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> > It should be easy to create your own font, fire up FontForge,
[...]
> Do I have to do that for every individual character? There are *many*
> Unicode characters...

You could also make it a fixed-width font and have an "unknown glyph"
glyph, perhaps.  Note that not all programs will render a space glyph,
but will just consider it as a motion.

Remember that other people could always paste the text into the emacs
mini-buffer and see it in the clear... it's usually also better not
to store passwords at all, but to store a one-way hash, so that you
can never provide someone's password e.g. to a police request, and
people can't break in and steal them. But that's a topic for a different
mailing list I expect.

Liam