[OpenFontLibrary] UK Type Annual?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat Oct 30 16:42:37 PDT 2010

Hi,

Might be of interest to folks here...

- - - - - 8< - - - -

The Type Annual will showcase typeface design itself rather than work
that uses type, creating, we hope, a showcase of the best crafted,
most innovative and most exciting typefaces produced during entry
period ­ October 2009 to October 2010.

To be eligible for inclusion, typefaces must have been first released
or used within this period. Selected work will be printed in a special
February issue of Creative Review.

The categories are:

Display

Text

Bespoke

Non-Latin

The judges will be asked to select work in each category ­ there are
no winners or runners-up and no limit to the number of typefaces to be
selected. In addition, the judges will select those of outstanding
merit to feature in the Best in Book section.

Our judges are: Mark Porter, Coralie Bickford-Smith, Andy Dymock and
Fiona Ross (see left for details).

Deadline: November 5.

Single entries in one of the four categories cost £50, 2-3 entries
cost £100. For more than 3 entries, please contact Sarah Davies.

 (however this is not common knowledge!) The deadline is likely to be
extended for another week or so and if they have any questions then
please direct people to my email address.

--

Sarah Davies

Head of Events & Awards

Creative Review