[OpenFontLibrary] Drupal

Ron Williams ron at lithicmedia.com
Thu Feb 3 12:13:09 PST 2011

I have been following the progress of OFLB for quite a while. In July
2010 I proposed using Drupal and have delayed doing so since there was
traction to use Aiki. However, we're seven months later and we still
have the same site, but with more errors and problems.

This evening at the Maryland Drupal meetup I run, I will be proposing
that the group picks up the project as pro-bono work. In addition, my
company (Lithic Media) will be providing 70 hours of development time to
facilitate initial build out and to act as a catalyst for other
developers who are interested.

We will also decide whether to base the site on Drupal 6 (which OFLB has
a dev environment for already) or scrap that and go with Drupal 7 which
has more issues but significant performance improvements and better
utilities for file processing.

Ron Williams
Lithic Media
E-mail - ron at lithicmedia.com