[OpenFontLibrary] New design work

Paul Flo Williams paul at frixxon.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 09:55:03 PDT 2011

John Haltiwanger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Paul Flo Williams
> <paul at frixxon.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> You'd have to hope that the final version of the homepage doesn't
>> randomly
>> credit fonts to the wrong designers :-D
>>
> As far as I've been able to tell, there is not really a designer field on
> fonts. I've only seen credit for uploading. Am I missing something?

The current design of OFLB shows the vendor/manufacturer name (Name ID 8)
alongside the font name in the font list, and also as "Foundry" when you
go to an individual font's page.

The individual font's page shows "Designer: blah" if OpenType nameID 9
exists.

The Designer and Vendor URLs are used links for these fields as well, if
they exist.

--
Paul Flo Williams
http://hisdeedsaredust.com/category/fonts/feed