[OpenFontLibrary] Open Font Library 0.4

Christopher Adams christopher at fabricatorz.com
Fri Apr 6 05:10:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We've just completed a soft launch of Open Font Library 0.4. Please check
it out! http://openfontlibrary.org

Open Font Library 0.4 features:

* a brand new interface design by Ana and Ricardo of Manufactura
Indpendente http://blog.manufacturaindependente.org/
* a host of new features implemented by Brad Phillips of Fabricatorz
http://fabricatorz.com/people/brad
* a new translation engine deployed by Jakub Jankiewicz from Aiki Lab
* a new custom wiki built on Aiki Framework
http://openfontlibrary.org/guidebook

One of the best new features is that we can now link to @font-face
stylesheets for each font in the library, for example:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="
http://openfontlibrary.org/face/open-baskerville" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css"/>

In our next phase we are planning to upload more free fonts to the library,
and encourage web developers to use our stylesheets directly on their
websites. We'll also need some help translating the site into more
languages.

We are targeting any issues to our next release. Please play with the new
site and file any bugs or feature requests here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openfontlibrary/+milestone/0.5

We've had a pretty interesting ride these past few months with
transitioning to a brand new host and taking the reins of this project once
again. We appreciate all the help you have provided us along the way.

Let's keep freeing fonts!

Best,
Christopher

--