[OpenFontLibrary] Next milestone for the Open Font Library

Christopher Adams christopher at fabricatorz.com
Tue May 22 09:05:21 PDT 2012

Hi team,

We are gearing up for another software sprint on the Open Font Library.
We've been seeing some interesting uploads recently, and we want to make it
even easier for people to contribute to and learn about the site.

Our broad goals for the next release are to:

1) increase user participation and retention in the site
2) improve communication between members and developers, and among all users
3) open up access to the translation tool and promote translation of the
site

A lot of the focus on this release will be on the Guidebook (
http://openfontlibrary.org/guidebook) and our new Translation Tool which is
ready to be used, and which will allow us to make the Open Font Library
available in multiple langauges.

We have a lot of issues currently on our tracker:
https://launchpad.net/openfontlibrary/+milestone/0.5

However, for this first iteration will mainly be focusing on bugs and
blueprints related to the three goals I mentioned above. We will definitely
like your help in getting more designers, font users and translators to use
the site!

Finally, here are some recent stats for the Open Font Library!

New users this month: 67
Total Contributors: 60

New fonts this month: 12
Total font families: 136