[OpenFontLibrary] [GFD] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper

Vernon Adams vern at newtypography.co.uk
Wed May 22 13:07:05 PDT 2013

I am starting to prefer that the default position of RFN's in the OFL should be preserved as it is now. Is the other option, to make the default 'no RFN'? IMO the default of the RFN keeps a 'positive balance' in the court of the original designer. Remember there is allways the choice of specifically not using an RFN.

In the event of another party wishing to retain the RFN after modifications have been made, the simple solution is for that party to obtain an agreement with the copyright holder of the font to retain the RFN.

Or, is there something i am not understanding in this?  :)

-vernon