[OpenFontLibrary] [GFD] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper

Vernon Adams vern at newtypography.co.uk
Thu May 23 09:26:36 PDT 2013

I challenge Khaleds slightly 'straw man' comment :)

Fonts are functional utilities that include 'art work'. The fact that the 'art work' of fonts may not be part of your interest in them, does not separate function and art in fonts.
Ps - art work is functional utility too. It's a subset of the wider group of 'functional utilities'.

Having said that i probably agree with the general idea though; art works should be no more or less protected than any other utility.