[OpenFontLibrary] Setting up self hosting

Garrick van Buren garrick at kernest.com
Tue Oct 29 19:11:04 CET 2013

Something to note: From a performance perspective, most lag is caused by setting up the HTTP connection. Essentially, anything other than Apache/Nginx/etc serving a static file (just like js/jpg/png/etc) on the same files system as the webpage itself will degrade delivery performance. Yes, cache headers can eliminate this issue for subsequent loads - assuming your site is someplace people will visit repeatedly within the cache lifetime.

Garrick van Buren
http://garrickvanburen.com
612 325 9110