[OpenFontLibrary] Setting up self hosting

vernon adams vern at newtypography.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 23:17:42 CET 2013

Sure, i think we are nearly already there. When i say ‘webfont server’ i just mean anything (e.g. just a bit of php) that allows a user in one part of the word to create a webpage that pulls a font from another part of the world, without the need for too much css coding. I don’t see any reason why the activity of ‘serving’ fonts should be centred just with ‘professionals’, every rented web space could have it’s own fontserver running, just like every webspace nowadays has it own sql server etc running.

-v