[OpenFontLibrary] MajorVersion MinorVersion

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Sep 23 09:01:09 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 03:52:23PM +0200, Eric Schrijver wrote:
> How do other Open Source font projects deal with their version
> numbers? Any best practices?

I simply start with 0.001 and keep incrementing as I go, sometimes I
make jumps when I feel so (say, a big milestone reached), e.g. I once
jumped from 0.016 to 0.100 when I moved a font from alpha to beta state.

When I no longer consider a font beta, I move to 001.000 and continue
incrementing from there.

I don’t really thing the micro granulation of patch versions applies to
fonts, but I rarely do special bug-fix releases of my fonts.

Regards,
Khaled