[Openicc] Linux common ICC profile directory

Stefan Klein kleins at web.de
Thu May 20 09:24:38 EST 2004

Hello,

sorry about the cross-list posting, but it is the easiest way to say
this... At CinePaint (cinepaint.sourceforge.net) we are in the process of
integrating full colour management following the ICC standard. A while
ago, there has been some discussion on the Open ICC list
(openicc at pdx.freedesktop.org) about a directory standard for ICC profiles
on Linux.

Marti Maria, developer of littlecms (www.littlecms.com), suggested
/usr/share/color/icc and ~/.color/icc as intuitive paths. We decided to
go along with this.

So this is just to let you know about it in the hope you like the
suggestion and might adopt it in your own application as appropriate
thereby turning the paths into a standard which would be a first step
towards an OS-based colour management on Linux.

Thanks
Stefan