[OpenICC] transform cache

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Feb 11 20:14:33 EST 2005

further thoughts beyond transformations:

A:
osX uses color worls , which seems to be similiar to an context driven
environment. All setting are putted in an structure and allway refered to
while using cms functions. Well this would extend my more technical
transform approach.

B:
An other concept is the state model. Settings remains saved and
usually functions are affected by these settings without further
reference (OpenGL).

C:
Last but not least, every action needs the full set of arguments to make
it valid and beheaving as intended.

In CinePaint uses currently the model C with a slightly A coupled
approach.

What does other projects do? What concept would fit best? Other ideas?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas