[Openicc] color-policy vs. color-infrastructure

Maria, Marti marti.maria at hp.com
Fri Mar 18 21:32:38 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

>Beware that the proposed test is not sufficient. In-gamut colors may
>shift in a round-trip test. Such a test depends on the quality of the
>profile. Most profiles round-trip poorly also for ingamut colors.

Thanks for your clarification. Yes, I discovered that by the hard way.
I was just omitting implementation details. Current method involves two
round trips and a ratio/threshold. Taking a ratio of the dE obtained in
first and second round trip would compensate such variations. They are
mostly because AToB1 and BToA1 are at different resolutions. But as
said,
I think geometrical approaches would perform far better.

Regards,
Marti Maria.

Message: 2