[Openicc] Color management in gimp

Francisco Bernal Rosso pacorosso at ono.com
Fri Apr 1 09:32:59 EST 2005

I wonder...
¿How can one program an efficient color management solution if cannot insert it in the visualization section of the aplication?
I think littleCMS as a plug-in is not a practical solution. It does not serves at all.
I want:

if there is some C funcition which writes pixel in the screen, it first must ask to the CMS to translate the digital numbers of the color procesed to the digital numbers which represent the correcto color in the screen profile.
You cannot do it with a plug in.
More... I need to translate from one digital number to another digital number using the profiles for:

screen soft proofing,
file convert.
printing.

¿Any idea?

/*--------------------------------------*/
"If quality is important, sRGB is not an option"
(From the European Color Initiative web page www.eci.org)

Francisco Bernal Rosso

Luz-color-fotografia
Redacción y traducción