[Openicc] Color management in gimp

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Sun Apr 3 01:59:53 EST 2005

Yes, you are identifying what is missing...

We need the infrastructure to store the information for input devices
(cameras, scanners, etc.), the monitor/flatpanels, and output devices
(printers, etc.) in a standard way and location...

Then, in concert with lcms or equivalent, we will have a chance of
convincing application developers/toolkit developers to update their
applications/toolkits to support color management....

Modularity arguments make it pretty clear the color management system
itself should be pluggable, etc., and one component of this larger
infrastructure....
				- Jim