[Openicc] Introduction / Gutenprint

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:08:30 EST 2005

   From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>
   Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:06:01 +0200

   You should not have to rely on a printer being installed, or the
   correct one.  Remember, you will be exporting to PDF in the DTP
   case more and more as the commercial RIPS come up to standard, and
   therefore never ever actually use your own printing system, and a
   lot of people have not even one clue about setting up their own
   system with a PPD for a dumb printer, let alone a RIP based
   printing system.

Hopefully people will be using FOSS RIPs :-)

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton