[Openicc] color management cookbook style?

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Tue Apr 19 06:52:07 EST 2005

hello,

i have been very respectfully reading the email on this list.

i also have access to a text book and all of the print "how tos" and
"how they do this" documents that search engines & my attention span
can gather.

when it comes to software, i tend to stop when i see a binary file.
especially when i have access to the formulas that were used to create
the file.

in real life, i followed the recipe to make tofu once.  it was very
difficult and for hours of work and many soy beans, i was only able to
make about 2 tablespoons of actual product.  i now gladly purchase this
premade and am grateful to a world in which this substance is plentiful
without me having to work that hard for it.

you can read and read and read about how one way is better than the
other or how they both have their different good points and bad points

where are these icc tables anyways?

lcms converts from one binary format to another.  this is a miracle to
me.  my hats off to the lcms developers.

until i actually see the tables everyone is working with and do the
conversions by hand a couple of times, i am not going to ever believe in
this stuff enough to learn all of these new acronyms.

where are the tables?

thanks,
carol