[Openicc] Print-colormanagement, application->CUPS->gutenprint

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 20 09:50:33 EST 2005

   From: Hal V Engel <hvengel at astound.net>
   Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:20:21 -0700

   Stable versions of gimp-print/Gutenprint have the linearization
   curves hard coded and these are not user configurable.  At least
   not without a lot of fairly low level work.  Again an observation
   not a complaint.  I have not looked at version 5.0 in any detail
   but it appears that at least some work has been done to improve
   this and I am sure that more work will be done in the future.  In
   the long run I think we will need higher level tools to build an
   install custom linearization curves.  This has all come a long way
   but there is still much work that needs to be done.

The 5.0 beta allows individual specification of each transfer curve.
We provide defaults, but they can be overridden.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton