[Openicc] printing GUI vs. printerdriver, LINUX colorinfrastructure

Hal V Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sat Apr 23 01:08:28 EST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 07:29 pm, Graeme Gill wrote:
> For really critical work, nothing will substitute for a custom profile.
> Are you using a calibration system in your context though ?
> A calibration system (typically automatic device linearisation) stretches
> canned profiles further.

No I an not using any kind of calibration for the printer.  At this point my
printing platform is still Windows and the stock Epson drivers do not have a
provision for calibrating the printer.  Since I am using 3rd party inks I
think even my custom profiles would benefit from being able to linearize the
printer/ink/paper before the profiling process.  Might not be a huge
difference but if I had the facilities to do this I would.