[Openicc] Hello / involving other groups

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri May 13 15:51:43 EST 2005

Jan-Peter,

some time ago I tried to get in a discussion at the cairo list. After some
emails my resumee was: discuss and create first a useful CMS and then
introduce others to participate.

While it is possible to include some little things today into projects
like cairo, a quick and dirty CMS implementation is not a good advisor for
an evolving linux CMS.
I appreciate the discussions with you, now Chris and all the other
interessted people very much, as wellas your proposals.
The discussions may help to create a CMS API before a try and error game
is started much too early.
People join as they are interessted to contribute to CM.

We are yet in an early state. Even with Argyll, littleCMS, Scribus,
CinePaint and CUPS and the other projects.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas