[Openicc] RE: profile distribution

Maria, Marti marti.maria at hp.com
Mon May 30 17:46:05 EST 2005

Hi,

> Are there any concerns to use the
>littleCMS profiles LCMSXYZI.ICM ...

No problem on those generated by me, but some
belongs to other packages:

Sun Microsystems Java SDK
ICM Stress demo from microsoft.
sRGB from sRGB site (now defunct)

The profiles zip, dates form very early lcms versions,
back in 1998, when finding profiles was really hard.

I'm not distributing them in the lcms package but
on a separate ZIP. Never got any complain, but now
I think it was not a good idea at all, since some
profiles have copyright.

But as said, you can do whatever you want with those
generated by me:

Lcmsxyxi.icm -> XYZ identity
Lcmslabi.icm -> Lab identity
Lcmstiff8.icm -> Encoding for TIFF8 Lab
Itufax.icm -> Encoding/gamut mapping for ITU T.42 Fax
Lcmscmy.icc -> Fake CMY using log gamma
Grayer.icm -> abstract profile forcing ab to 0

I can send you the profiles if want so, just let me
know.

Regards,
Marti.