[Openicc] Re: Krita... (was color adjusting...)

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 14 10:08:09 EST 2005

   From: PLinnell <mrdocs at scribus.info>
   Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:46:50 +0200

   On Monday 13 June 2005 23:05, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

   > > printing from krita
   > > -------------------
   > > Some months ago, we had a discussion about using icc-profiles for
   > > printing. The gutenprint project plans to integrate in the next
   > > release icc-profile support with lcms inside.
   >
   > I need to investigate that library, then. Does Scribus use
   > gutenprint, too? I should investigate...

   Scribus has its own EPS, PS and PDF export routines.  If gutenprint
   and CUPS are correctly installed Scribus can directly access the
   settings within its own printer dialog.

Does Scribus know about Gutenprint directly, or does it interact with
the PPD files?  If it knows about Gutenprint directly it can access
the linearization curves and other goodies that can't be represented
in PPD files.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton