[Openicc] Proof of concept, storing profile in X atoms

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Sun Jun 19 20:05:40 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 15:54 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> There is a 2.21 spec, but I can't figure out how Adobe RGB (1998)
> would be encoded. I know such images exist, direct from some digital
> cameras, and that this was tripping some people up on OS X where it
> wouldn't recognize they were Adobe RGB (1998) but Photoshop CS would.
> Maybe they're encoding gamma and primaries elsewhere, and setting the
> colorspace tag to uncalibrated.

The images produced by my Canon EOS-300D are in the Adobe RGB
colourspace, it sets the ColourSpace tag to uncalibrated and then sets
the WhitePoint and PrimaryChromatics tags.  I'm not sure what to do for
the gamma here, currently I've hard-coded 1.8, which obviously sucks.

I've got images with are Adobe RGB, if anyone wants to look at the EXIF
tags.

> Co-author "Real World Color Management, 2nd Edition"
> Published by PeachPit Press (ISBN 0-321-26722-2)

Hmm, maybe I should buy this book...

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com