[Openicc] Proof of concept, storing profile in X atoms

ignacio ruiz de conejo ignacior at bpo.hp.com
Mon Jun 20 08:23:01 EST 2005

Chris (and Ross):

If TIFF is enough for you to start with (then jpeg, png,...)
the version of LCMS's tifficc that I have (v4.1) allows to
save and embed profiles into this file type...

Just use the flags -e (to embed) and -s (to save) in the command line

I have just verified that ver 2.0 of jpegicc (also from lcms), supports
the same flags/functionality, with jpeg files.

Regards,
       Ignacio

>> The next stage is to extract an embedded ICC profile (I need a tool to
>> embed a profile first as none of my JPEGs have one, any ideas?), and
>> then to look at PNG support.
>

 > This is a different world for me. So is this something that lcms will
 > not assist with, or something else that could provide such services?
 > Or is it the case that each application developer must "reinvent the
 > wheel" so to speak, with each application?

Ignacio Ruiz de Conejo          Tel.  +34 93.5821342
Color & Imaging Group, R&D      Fax   +34 93.5824816
Hewlett-Packard Española, ICD   e-mail: ignacior at bpo.hp.com