[Openicc] XICC specification draft

Stefan Döhla color at doehla.de
Fri Jun 24 08:45:58 EST 2005

Ross,

when personally thinking about this: the idea is great, since it's
simple and straight-forward.

> I've documented the atom (_ICC_PROFILE) my xicc tool and eog patches use
> to set/get the ICC profile for an X screen, and have put a draft of it
> here:

I would recommend you to rename your tool, since it's possibly
misleading for users of Graeme Gill's ArgyllCMS. His tool is named
xicclu (in a directory called "xicc").

Anyway, I would really like to include the two important lines in my
tool xcalib (with possibly two different ways to go:
- set the atom when setting the gamma ramps
- set the gamma ramps from the already set display profile (as I do on
  Win32) when no profile is given
)

Stefan

--