[Openicc] XICC specification draft

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jun 26 07:19:28 EST 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 2:52 PM, Ross Burton wrote:

> I'm not sure if this would work, on Windows and OS X there is an
> integrated colour management API, so gdk_screen_get_icc_profile()
> would
> be practically useless.
>
> I look forward to being proven wrong. :)

Who has written the x11 client for OS X? Apple? If so, it would make
sense as a feature request for their x11 client to become aware of
the currently selected ICC profile and provide that information back
to the x11 server. I'm not sure to what degree this does already
occur but I suspect it doesn't. Easy to test thought, with a whacked
out RGB display profile with the primaries reversed.

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
www.colorremedies.com/realworldcolor