[Openicc] XICC specification draft

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Jun 26 09:22:19 EST 2005

On Sunday 26 June 2005 00:54, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Could someone explain to me how remote display works? Where is the
> rendering and compositing occurring? On server or client?
firstly you have reversed the terminology:
the xclient is where the program runs
the xserver is where the monitor is attached

Drawing a line only sends the coords across the network. The rasterizing is
done in the monitor (xserver) end.

An image compositing program like krita would composit the images in the
program (on the xclient) and only send the composited image over the network
to the xserver. But it could also (for simpler cases) be done by sending each
imagelayer through the network and composit on the xserver.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann