[Openicc] XICC specification draft (Xinerama vs. composite).

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 28 06:52:48 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 19:42 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> This implies the color conversion should go in the composite manager, is
> this correct? Or do you prefer an other color conversion layer on top of
> it?

The whole composite manager architecture is up for discussion at this
point; we've got lots of things it needs to do, and right now we can
only really support a single instance.

In any case, I suspect color conversion would be implemented as pixel
shaders in a GL-based compositing manager.  This should provide
sufficient flexibility and performance for most anyone.

-keith