[OpenICC] colour palettes/lists

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Sat Sep 17 08:06:09 EST 2005

Hi,

Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> writes:

> Should I add them to the Shared resources spec [1]?
>
> Alexandre
>
> [1]  http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Shared_resources

Yes, please do. You may also want to integrate the following info then:

Brush formats that GIMP reads:

      .gbr (GIMP Brush 8bit grayscale or 24bit RGB;
            GIMP also reads the 16bit brush format that camouflages
            as GIMP brush but is actually a Cinepaint invention)
      .abr (Photoshop Brush, 8bit grayscale)

      .gih (GIMP image hose, a format for animated brushes)
      PSP image tubes can be loaded using the PSP import plug-in,
      saving them again as .gih makes them available to GIMP.

      .vbr (GIMP parametric brush, a simple format for vector brushes)

Gradient formats that GIMP reads:

      .ggr (GIMP Gradient, RGB colors stored as floats)

      .svg (as defined in the SVG spec)

Pattern formats that GIMP reads:

      .pat (GIMP pattern, RGB or RGBA, 8bit per channel)

      All image formats supported by gdk-pixbuf, most importantly PNG,
      JPEG and SVG (rendered at librsvg default resolution).

I also mentioned the palette formats in my previous post.

I would also appreciate if you could fix the name. It is "GNU Image
Manipulation Program", or if you prefer acronyms, GIMP, but not "The
GIMP".

It would also be interesting to collect information on what formats
are used to exchange data over the Clipboard and Drag-and-Drop. Is
such a list available?

Sven