[OpenICC] new ICC Examin/Oyranos release

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 07:38:40 PDT 2005

Hello list,

Oyranos the colour configuration library is released in alpha quality.
I think it is time to start integrating it.
Unstable APIs are removed.
The names of default profiles where changed according to the OpenICC list
discussions. My plan is to integrate further the discussed policies and
expose them in a user interface.

Some of the osX oyranos prototype funtions, currently residing in
ICC Examin, will later walk to Oyranos. This should be the start of osX
support in Oyranos.

My plan is to integrate Oyranos in CinePaint after Elektra, the underlying
configuration engine, becomes more stable.

ICC Examin, the profile tag viewer, is even more colourfull. It can be
compiled with Oyranos support on Linux. The binaries are available as
Linux RPMs and osX bundle/package including the needed libraries.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas