[Openicc] adding informations to ICC profiles

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 2 01:54:26 PST 2005

Dear list members,

in order to gather and store information about the device chain state
during calibration, I have written a proposal:
<http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Device_Settings>
I like to attach device settings informations as text to existing
profiles.

Goal is to maintain ICC spec conformance.

The technical easiest way would be an extra tag dedicated for
this purpose.

Is a device settings 'text' tag allready specified by ICC?
I only found an pdf containing a tag list, without enough further
informations about additional tags.

Is it possible to take an existing profile and add a new 'text' tag, as
descibed above, without breaking any copyright?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas