[Openicc] Default Rendering Intent

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sat Nov 26 06:56:14 PST 2005

Hello,

it is not clear to me on how to keep the rendering setting open for future
changes.

Rendering intents are a matter of discussions and might change in the
future. How can we handle various gamut mappings, which exceed the ICC
sheme? I thought about a nice way to present the argyll functionality to
the users. They stay clearly outside the ICC spec but inside the
possibilities of colour transformations. This seems a as well a highly CMM
dependent setting.

Do we prefere ICC conformance? This includes a break once more rendering
intents are allowed or they are otherwise structurised than today. Or
do we like to discuss this matter and keep this part of the settings API
flexible?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management