[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Sun Nov 27 04:55:09 PST 2005

At 06:52 AM 11/27/2005, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>during a discussion on the scribus irc channel I was tould Scribus uses a
>late binding colour model. Only on PDF export colours may be converted
>dependent on the PDF type selected. I tried to describe that here:
><http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Scribus>
>
>The question is now, do we need further mixed colour space document
>policies selectable in Oyranos or can we simply refer to the way Scribus
>does things regarding mixed colour space documents?
>
>What about the Adobe layout application and photoshop?

         Photoshop is a single colorspace per document models.

         Illustrator is a dual colorspace (Spot + either CMYK, RGB or Gray).

         InDesign is a COMPLETELY FLEXIBLE colorspace system - where
each object can have a different colorspace which could be passed
directly into PDF (Postscript or print) or can be converted based on
output settings.

Leonard