[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Sun Nov 27 16:56:29 PST 2005

At 12:09 PM 11/27/2005, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>So my conclusion is, the mixed colour space document option is still valid
>but should be renamed.

         very much so!

>Saving Mixed colour space documents
>For Print:
>    Preserve Numbers | Flatten to Default Cmyk Editing Space | Promt

         IMO, you probably need something like this:

1) Preserve all source colorspaces  (eg. no conversions of any type!)
2) Convert to Default CMYK Editing Space
3) Convert to untagged CMYK, preserving CMYK numbers
4) Prompt

>For Screen:
>    Flatten to WWW (sRGB) | Flatten to Default RGB Editing Space | Promt

         Same as above, except RGB instead of CMYK and no need for option 3.

>The first option for the Print setting is similiar to PDF/X-3 the second
>to PDF/X-1a.

         Actually, #1 would be a (most likely) non-PDF/X compliant
PDF, but with support for all possible colorspaces.

         #2 would be PDF/X-3.
         #3 would be PDF/X-1a

Leonard