[Openicc] mixed colour space documents

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 10:04:20 PST 2005

Am 28.11.05, 09:21 -0800 schrieb Hal V. Engel:

> On Monday 28 November 2005 02:35 am, Casper Boemann wrote:
> snip

> > >          Same as above, except RGB instead of CMYK and no need for option
> > > 3.
> >
> > For display we flatten to monitor profile
>
> I agree for display flatten to the monitor color space should be default.  I
> don't see any advantage to flattening to sRGB or Editing space since it will
> have to be transformed again to the monitor color space before it can be
> displayed.  Doing two color space conversions only adds overhead.

Meant are here non process colours. As it stood below
"Saving Mixed colour space documents" your snip removed the context.

Of course "For Web:" was allready a thought about option, but rejected to
not unnecessarily blow up the whole thing.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas