[Openicc] KCMS Open Source?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Jan 31 17:59:04 PST 2006

As some of you know, Solaris 10 is going open source
(http://www.opensolaris.org/), and there are already a couple of
independent Linux-like "distributions".  The X-Rite announcement
caught my attention since I noticed that X-Rite spectrophotometers
work with Solaris.  KCMS ("Kodak Color Management System") is included
with Solaris, but I don't know if it has been open sourced.  If so, it
may be worth looking at as a working CMS framework which supports
plugable CMS modules.  There would likely be X-Rite drivers included,
which could be leveraged for other systems.

There is some documentation on KCMS at
"http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/67.2" and there is a high-level
view of the software at
"http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/802-5859/6i9jc4hmb?a=view".