[Openicc] X-Rite to aquire GreytagMacbeth

Gerhard Fuernkranz nospam456 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 16:10:09 PST 2006

Hal V. Engel wrote:
> I also asked if it supports the
> AvaMouse/SpectroCam and he said:
>
> "I don't think so. However, you can always try. :-)
>
> It supports 3 interfaces, serial port, usb, and emulation.  The latter is for
> testing the program without a device, and due to the protocol's inability to
> handle packet corruption, I'd advise to use the usb interface.
>
> I don't know what interface the AvaMouse and SpectroCam have, but if it's usb
> or serial port, it may very well work. As far as I know, many of the
> spectrometers have the same protocol."
I looked briefly at the code you referenced below - and it does not
remind me at all of the functionality of the Spectrocam SDK, not even
the low-level one. I may be wrong, but I would be really surprised, if
this driver would work with the Spectrocam. Another issue is that
Spectrocam's origin was a company named Spectrostar, which was later
acquired by Avantes. Thus, IMO Spectrocam may well differ from other
Avantes Spectrometers.

Regards,
Gerhard