[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Jul 7 03:11:45 PDT 2006

Adobe itself recommends to use "compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)" as
naming for AdobeRGB like colour spaces. This is probably due to
preparation to get this colour space adopted into standards, as
Gilles Caulier from digiKam project pointed out.
see: http://www.adobe.com/adobergb

As "compatible with Adobe RGB (1998).icc" is a bit unconventional for a
file name I would like to name the profile compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc .
This is better recognizable and not limited to EXIF.

Gilles and others,
would you take advantage of that profile? I like to packaged it
into the Oyranos' profiles collection. Location is /usr/share/color/icc
on linux.

License can be free.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann