[Openicc] Re: [Scribus] ICC-Profiles

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Mon Feb 19 10:49:52 PST 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007 21:37, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > The last current option is to use ArgyllCMS and one of it's supported
> > devices. The number of devices is limited and of the affordable ones none
> > are in current production.  For example ArgyllCMS supports the X-Rite
> > DTP-94 which sells for $199 for the meter only but which is now
> > discontinued.  You might be able to still get one of these meters but I
> > expect that none will be available in a few months.
>
> Right, but the next version of Argyll will support the Eye-One Display 1
> and 2.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Graeme,

I was going to ask if you were using the X-Rite EyeOne library but looking at
the ArgyllCMS mailing list archives I see that you are reverse engineering
using a port sniffer.

I have an LT and I had been told by GMB that the device is the same as the 2
and that the only difference is that their software asks the device "what are
you" and if it is an OEM device the software will do nothing, if it is an LT
it will provide a subset of the full functionality and if it is a 2 it will
provide full functionality.  You can also purchase upgrade "keys" that tell
their software this person has an LT but has upgraded to a 2.  It is also
possible to get an upgrade from an OEM meter to either an LT or a 2.  In
addition they sell keys that add functionality to the bundled software to,
for example, profile scanners, cameras and projectors.

I will contact you off list about helping out with this as I would really like
to get my LT working.  I purchased it at a time when GMB had promised me that
they would make the EyeOne interface library available for Linux but they
have yet to deliver on that commitment.

Hal