[Openicc] Free YCbCr icc profile?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Mar 19 08:43:10 PDT 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Does anyone know whether there is somewhere a free YCbCr icc profile for use
> with lcms? If not -- how hard would it be to create one? We support YCbCr in
> Krita but in a limited way due to the lack of a profile.

The littlecms project (http://www.littlecms.com/) offers a package of
utility profiles, which includes ones for YCbCr Rec 601, and YCbCr Rec
709.  I have used these profiles to convert from YCbCr to RGB and the
results matched arithmetic from Poynton and the specs.  The package
can be downloaded from "http://www.littlecms.com/profiles.zip".  As
others have already mentioned, the RGB obtained is interpreted
according to the relevant CIE specification and may require additional
transformation to the desired RGB working space.

Bob