[Openicc] maximum colour conformity

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sat Apr 14 06:13:31 PDT 2007

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> I think that this depends entirely on the application requirements.
> Always converting to a properly-designed "working" colorspace prior to
> processing ensures that options and algorithms produce visually
> consistent results.

Well an application can certainly operate this way, but it will
not be regarded very seriously by those interested in image
fidelity.  Consistency amongst algorithms is a somewhat
tangential issue. With sufficient care it's possible to have
algorithms (if one chooses) that operate consistently,
irrespective of what colorspace the image is stored in.