[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

Frédéric Crozat fred at crozat.net
Tue Jan 15 07:54:38 PST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 3:30 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > The Oyranos library should build even with a non installed FLTK. But
> > > I'd take your suggestion for RPM packaging and will provide something like
> > > oyranos-ui.
> >
> > For the record, it is not only for packaging, but for better
> > acceptance by other projects. I'm not
> > sure KDE (or GNOME) guys would be happy to have to install FLTK just
> > to build one of their software :)
>
> Good, I will check that tollkit dependent things are competely optional.

If you want to do it "the right way" (IMO), you should definitely
distribute FLTK parts in a separate tarball.
As an added bonus, this will ensure you are only using public API.
Just modifying your module to put tooklit dependent stuff as optional
will cause a problem for distributions
which might  want to enable it (because it will add toolkit as build
dependencies).

--
Frederic Crozat